Source: Greenwich Graphic: September 12, 1891.
The stately stone mansion of Mr. Solomon Mead on North St., was brilliantly illuminated on Tuesday evening. It was quite evident that an usual event was happening there. And electric light over the front door on the piazza made it not difficult for the large company of people who passed on to the grounds to see their way to be received and welcomed by the hosts.
A stranger passing by would have guessed that it was a wedding party, for the rustling of silk dresses and white costumes worn by the ladies who alighted from the carriages with the glimpse of flowers as seen through the front door was pretty good evidence of it. He would not have been mistaken in his conjecture. At 7 o'clock surrounded by their many friends, and standing under an archway of palms and exotics, Miss Emily J. Mead and Rev. B.M. Wright were married. The Rev. Washington Choate performed the ceremony.
The bridge was attired in a white corded silk dress, trimmed with ostrich feathers, en train, and she wore a white veil and carried a bouquet of white roses. The brides-maids were Miss Sarah Mead and Miss Addie Rundle, who were attired in white silk and carried pink roses. With them as friends of the groom were Mr. Stagg and Mr. Brown.
The house profusely decorated with flowers. After they had received the congratulations of the one hundred and sixty or more people who had witnessed the ceremony, and elaborate supper was served by Clark of New York and at 10 o'clock the bride and groom departed on a wedding trip to be gone about a month. Rev. Mr. Wright is pastor of a church in Kent, which will be their future home. They received over one hundred presents.